-
June 16th, 2006, 12:51 AM
#1
Inactive Member
For historicals, do they like modern music or music from their time period? What about your modern girls?
Mine are all modern, and this is what they like:
Musicals
Sam: acoustic guitar
Sam, Kailey, and Kit: swing, Michael Buble
Pop/alterntive (not "teen" pop/radio disney except for Kit and Kat)
Kailey: Harry and the Potters/indie rock
Marie and Josi: Vanessa Carlton
Sam, Harper, Lissie and Kailey: Anna Nalick
Marie and Piper: hip-hop/dance/techno
everyone except Sam: rock (Sam likes acoustic better)
Sam and Marie: Avril Lavigne
Molly (my sister's doll): Beatles, Led Zeppelin
They all love trying out new groups or singers. Our recent favorite is the weekly free download from iTunes.
-
June 16th, 2006, 01:09 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Uh, my dolls are impartial to music, they don't listen to it, lol.
-
June 16th, 2006, 01:11 AM
#3
Ashley1972
Guest
All of my girls are crazy about hip-hop and anything with a beat that they can dance to. They like Beyonce, Shakira, and I recently discovered that quiet little Analiese has developed a crush on Jamie Foxx.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 15, 2006 10:12 PM: Message edited by: AGMom2 ]</font>
-
June 16th, 2006, 01:17 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Now this a fun thread! I never really thought about what kind of music my dolls like. From being around friends, it's impossible to tell what kind of music they like just by observing their personality. A super hyperactive friend likes classical music more than any other type. Maybe the music has a calming effect. [img]wink.gif[/img]
I'll have to list my dolls and write down their music preferences as they develope. My sweet Josefina will like piano pieces of all sorts, from classical to ragtime. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Julia
-
June 16th, 2006, 01:25 AM
#5
Inactive Member
My dolls' interest in music developed from my sister's "dance parties" and mainly from an argument Sam had with Piper over which was better, Acoustic or Rock. (Still a huge debate.)
I guess, since I love music, they would too. Harper has a strange way of loving music, in that she likes poems about it more than music itself!!
-
June 16th, 2006, 01:42 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Actually, that's a hard one for me. I have my own music on when I'm working in the doll/craft room, so they're kinda stuck with whatever I'm in the mood for. Marisol, however, has recently taken a liking to Shakira, admiring her for her dancing skills and also because they are both Latina. And of course Chiyo loves it when I play the "Memoirs of a Geisha" soundtrack! lol
-
June 16th, 2006, 01:46 AM
#7
Polly Marie
Guest
Definitely Big Band for Molly, Polly, Kit and Dot.
Flute or guitar music for Josefina & Kaya.
Jess & Linda Zsu like soft oriental music.
Addy likes new age(environmental music) & soft jazz.
Christmas & Hebrew music & sometimes Polka are favorites of all!
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Polly Marie
P.S. Julia, I love your Coconut picture!
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 15, 2006 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Polly Marie ]</font>
-
June 16th, 2006, 02:02 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Like Mare's girls, my girls get stuck listening to what I listen to! Movie soundtracks. The radio. Whatever.
-
June 16th, 2006, 02:15 AM
#9
Inactive Member
The girls are pretty much stuck with my music too, but sometimes I let them pick. Except for Sam, who has an unnatural obsession with Maroon 5, so she doesn't get to choose often. Usually it's a musical soundtrack, or anything off my iPod.
-
June 16th, 2006, 02:49 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Felicity likes thrash death metal. Especially
Megadeth and Cannical Corpse.
[img]wink.gif[/img]
Miss Manderly and Bananabelle do not approve and Elizabeth is a little freaked out.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks